Starting Friday, October 23 and going to Friday, October 30, UCP of Maine hosts their 18th Annual Pumpkins in the Park digitally through their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ucpofmaine. Andrew Lohman, Pumpkins in the Park Chair, recently shared “Like so many aspects of business and life these days, it was necessary for us to make some modifications to our traditional Pumpkins in the Park event format. With some creative thinking and ingenuity from our staff, we have decided to host digitally this year. UCP of Maine firmly believes in the importance of community, and although Pumpkins in the Park may be different this year, we hope that you will join us in this engaging and fun event, one that will help bring a sense of normalcy to attendees.”
Pumpkins in the Park will be a week long event this year with different activities and contests throughout. This year’s theme is “Goes Digital 2020”; sponsors and attendees can engage with through the UCP of Maine Facebook page. The schedule is as follows:
– Day 1, Friday 10/23: Scavenger Hunt (through the entire week), sponsored by Beal College
– Day 2, Saturday 10/24: Halloween Trivia Sheet (through the entire week), sponsored by Barresi Financial
– Day 3, Sunday 10/25: Halloween Candy Appreciation Day, sponsored by SJ Rollins Technologies
– Day 3, Monday 10/26: Coloring/Drawing Contest, sponsored by Mainely Eyes
– Day 4, Tuesday 10/27: Story Reading w/The Briar Patch, sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank
– Day 5, Wednesday 10/28: Costume Contest – Babies, Kids, Adults, and Pets, sponsored by The Shop Inc.
– Day 6, Thursday 10/29: Pumpkin Carving Contest, sponsored by Germinator Mobile Sanitizing & Disinfecting
– Day 7, Friday 10/30: Halloween Decorating Contest, sponsored by Machias Savings Bank
Scavenger Hunt: Attendees will be able to participate in the Scavenger Hunt by using a clues sheet that will be provided on Friday, 10/23 and will go throughout the week. Each scavenger hunt location will be marked with the UCP of Maine pumpkin logo and/or can be found on participating businesses website/social media. Participants can take photos or submit where they find the pumpkin logos on the UCP of Maine Facebook page for a chance to win a prize. Halloween Trivia Sheet: The sheet will be provided on the UCP of Maine Facebook page and event page at the beginning of the second day, Saturday 10/24 and can be filled out and submitted throughout the week for a chance to win a prize. Halloween Candy Appreciation Day: On this day we encourage participants to submit photos eating or sharing their favorite Halloween candy using the hashtag #pumpkinsinthepark and #ucpofmaine. Coloring/Drawing Contest: For this contest participants can submit photos of their artwork on the UCP of Maine Facebook page or event page for a chance to win a prize. Story Reading w/The Briar Patch: Enjoy Halloween stories via videos that will be posted on the Pumpkins in the Park event page and UCP of Maine Facebook page. Costume Contest, Pumpkin Carving Contest, and Halloween Decorating Contest: Participants can submit their contest photos on the UCP of Maine Facebook page or the event page for a chance to win a prize. There will be four different categories for chances to win, Babies, Kids, Adults, and Pets. For all contests, prizes will be drawn randomly by submission on the UCP of Maine Facebook page and/or event page.
Pumpkins in the Park is a free event this year since it will only be online. All event sponsorships will benefit UCP of Maine in supporting needs of children and adults with physical and intellectual needs in the community. If anyone would like to make a donation to UCP of Maine, www.ucpofmaine.org or call Andrew Lohman at 941-2952!